Sep 1, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
A ten game lead is a big freakin’ lead this time of the year. Even if the Cardinals were to sweep the Brewers in the present series and do so again when they meet in St. Louis next week, Milwaukee would still have a pretty good lead in the division.
But ya gotta start somewhere, right?
It’s still going on — indeed, it’s only in the third inning — but right now the Cardinals lead the Brewers 6-0 in the concluding game of their three-game series in Milwaukee. Albert Pujols has hit two home runs in his first two at bats, one of which was a moon shot out to where Bernie Brewer’s slide is, the second a grand slam.
I’m still skeptical that the Cards have the giddyup to catch the Brewers. But sometimes things happen that make you hmmmmmm.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)