Sep 1, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
A ten game lead is a big freakin’ lead this time of the year. Even if the Cardinals were to sweep the Brewers in the present series and do so again when they meet in St. Louis next week, Milwaukee would still have a pretty good lead in the division.
But ya gotta start somewhere, right?
It’s still going on — indeed, it’s only in the third inning — but right now the Cardinals lead the Brewers 6-0 in the concluding game of their three-game series in Milwaukee. Albert Pujols has hit two home runs in his first two at bats, one of which was a moon shot out to where Bernie Brewer’s slide is, the second a grand slam.
I’m still skeptical that the Cards have the giddyup to catch the Brewers. But sometimes things happen that make you hmmmmmm.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)