Sep 1, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
A ten game lead is a big freakin’ lead this time of the year. Even if the Cardinals were to sweep the Brewers in the present series and do so again when they meet in St. Louis next week, Milwaukee would still have a pretty good lead in the division.
But ya gotta start somewhere, right?
It’s still going on — indeed, it’s only in the third inning — but right now the Cardinals lead the Brewers 6-0 in the concluding game of their three-game series in Milwaukee. Albert Pujols has hit two home runs in his first two at bats, one of which was a moon shot out to where Bernie Brewer’s slide is, the second a grand slam.
I’m still skeptical that the Cards have the giddyup to catch the Brewers. But sometimes things happen that make you hmmmmmm.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)