Sep 1, 2011, 3:49 PM EDT
Blake had been playing regularly since returning from his third disabled list stint of the season on July 30, hitting .274 with four doubles in 19 games, but called the pinched nerve in his neck “pretty serious” and has apparently continued to have discomfort.
Blake is in the final season of a three-year, $17.5 million contract and the Dodgers will choose a $1.25 million buyout rather than their $6 million option for 2012, making him a free agent. The only question now is whether he’ll call it quits or attempt a comeback at age 38 on a one-year deal.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)