Sep 1, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
Blake had been playing regularly since returning from his third disabled list stint of the season on July 30, hitting .274 with four doubles in 19 games, but called the pinched nerve in his neck “pretty serious” and has apparently continued to have discomfort.
Blake is in the final season of a three-year, $17.5 million contract and the Dodgers will choose a $1.25 million buyout rather than their $6 million option for 2012, making him a free agent. The only question now is whether he’ll call it quits or attempt a comeback at age 38 on a one-year deal.
- There was a fire at Camden Yards 0
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 7
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 9
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)