Sep 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
While we don’t normally post a ton about the health of ex-players, there is a lot of Gary Carter goodwill out there and, because Carter’s family has been so forthcoming on their website and with reporters, there is a lot of information. Feels weird to post about it all the time, but My feeling is that people love the guy and that love outweighs the voyeuristic qualities of all of this. If I’m wrong there, please, let me know. I’m not at my best when it comes to this stuff.
Anyway: Via ESPN New York, we learn that Carter was rushed to an emergency room on Tuesday after experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. It was revealed he had blood clotting in his chest and his right leg, but there appeared to be no problems with his brain, which is where the tumors for which he is receiving treatment reside. He was treated for 24 hours and then sent home where he can treat the blood clots with injections.
Keep a thought in your head for The Kid. Or, if your’e so inclined, a prayer.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)