Sep 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
While we don’t normally post a ton about the health of ex-players, there is a lot of Gary Carter goodwill out there and, because Carter’s family has been so forthcoming on their website and with reporters, there is a lot of information. Feels weird to post about it all the time, but My feeling is that people love the guy and that love outweighs the voyeuristic qualities of all of this. If I’m wrong there, please, let me know. I’m not at my best when it comes to this stuff.
Anyway: Via ESPN New York, we learn that Carter was rushed to an emergency room on Tuesday after experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. It was revealed he had blood clotting in his chest and his right leg, but there appeared to be no problems with his brain, which is where the tumors for which he is receiving treatment reside. He was treated for 24 hours and then sent home where he can treat the blood clots with injections.
Keep a thought in your head for The Kid. Or, if your’e so inclined, a prayer.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte