Sep 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
While we don’t normally post a ton about the health of ex-players, there is a lot of Gary Carter goodwill out there and, because Carter’s family has been so forthcoming on their website and with reporters, there is a lot of information. Feels weird to post about it all the time, but My feeling is that people love the guy and that love outweighs the voyeuristic qualities of all of this. If I’m wrong there, please, let me know. I’m not at my best when it comes to this stuff.
Anyway: Via ESPN New York, we learn that Carter was rushed to an emergency room on Tuesday after experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. It was revealed he had blood clotting in his chest and his right leg, but there appeared to be no problems with his brain, which is where the tumors for which he is receiving treatment reside. He was treated for 24 hours and then sent home where he can treat the blood clots with injections.
Keep a thought in your head for The Kid. Or, if your’e so inclined, a prayer.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 12
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 56
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)