Sep 1, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
For the most part it’s no longer necessary for teams to place injured players on the disabled list now that rosters have expanded for 25 to 40, as they’re free to call up extra players anyway.
However, the Indians have put Shin-Soo Choo on the shelf with an oblique strain because a DL move allows them to recall Nick Hagadone from the minors before the required 10-day stay following a demotion.
Choo said Monday that he expected to miss at least two weeks, so the DL stint doesn’t change his return timetable any. He’ll try to make it back for the final two weeks of what has been a miserable season filled with multiple injuries and a DUI arrest.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)