Jack Hannahan had a big night

Sep 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT

Jack Hannahan AP

For those of you who missed it — which is probably all of you who aren’t (a) in the Greater Cleveland or Oakland areas; and (b) unemployed or an insomniac — Jack Hannahan had a big night in the Indians’ 16-inning win over the A’s.

Hannahan went 3 for 7 with two solo home runs and the walkoff RBI single. And his en fuegoness was not just for this game. He’s is now six for his past 11 with three homers and six RBI.

And, though I appreciate that some of you don’t like this kind of thing, the timing of this new MLB Fan Cave video is pretty damn impeccable:

1. kmgannon - Sep 1, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I’d just like to point out, for the record, that I saw the game and live in neither Cleveland nor Oakland. I’m not an insomniac, and I am employed.

But damn, am I *tired* at said employment this morning.

Also worth pointing out that the time of this 16-inning marathon was just one hour more than the average Red Sox/Yanks 9-inning affair.

• largebill - Sep 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM

KC,

Funny you’d draw the comparison to the regular 9 inning Boston-NewYork marathon. I thinking last night that that if it was those two teams it would be 4 AM when concluded.

2. largebill - Sep 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Craig,

Hannahan has been on a very hot stretch ever since his kid was born a week or so ago. I somewhat doubt they planned it together, but it seems like nearly every player on the Indians has had a kid this season or has one on the way.

• Cris E - Sep 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I played on a softball team about eight years ago where four of us had kids during the season. Each of us hit a home run in our first game back after the event. That doesn’t sound very impressive, but if you knew how poorly most of us hit the rest of the year you’d agree it was truly the miracle of birth.

3. Lukehart80 - Sep 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM

It’s September and the Tribe has a winning record. Who’d have thunk it in March? Now Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera just need to retire, or at least take the rest of the season off.

Managers get easier path to Cooperstown
  1. H. Street (3476)