Sep 1, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Uehara has struggled since the trade, allowing seven runs in 11 innings for the Rangers after giving up a total of just nine runs in 47 innings for the Orioles, but given his reasonable $4 million salary for 2012 they’ll be glad to have him back as a setup man.
And with an 11/1 K/BB ratio in 11 innings since the trade his current struggles don’t figure to last very long anyway.
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 40
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 9
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)