Sep 1, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
He turned on the jets after rounding first base and looked headed for a stand-up inside-the-park homer, but then lost his footing rounding third base and wiped out, face-first, about 75 feet from the plate.
MLB.com unfortunately hasn’t allowed the video clip to be embedded, so you’ll have to click here to see it. But believe me, it’s worth it.
His did knock in a run with the “triple” and the Milwaukee crowd–which included Braun’s friend and former NBA star Reggie Miller–gave the embarrassed MVP candidate a standing ovation after he was tagged out.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)