Sep 1, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
He turned on the jets after rounding first base and looked headed for a stand-up inside-the-park homer, but then lost his footing rounding third base and wiped out, face-first, about 75 feet from the plate.
MLB.com unfortunately hasn’t allowed the video clip to be embedded, so you’ll have to click here to see it. But believe me, it’s worth it.
His did knock in a run with the “triple” and the Milwaukee crowd–which included Braun’s friend and former NBA star Reggie Miller–gave the embarrassed MVP candidate a standing ovation after he was tagged out.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)