Sep 1, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
He turned on the jets after rounding first base and looked headed for a stand-up inside-the-park homer, but then lost his footing rounding third base and wiped out, face-first, about 75 feet from the plate.
MLB.com unfortunately hasn’t allowed the video clip to be embedded, so you’ll have to click here to see it. But believe me, it’s worth it.
His did knock in a run with the “triple” and the Milwaukee crowd–which included Braun’s friend and former NBA star Reggie Miller–gave the embarrassed MVP candidate a standing ovation after he was tagged out.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)