Sep 1, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
He turned on the jets after rounding first base and looked headed for a stand-up inside-the-park homer, but then lost his footing rounding third base and wiped out, face-first, about 75 feet from the plate.
MLB.com unfortunately hasn’t allowed the video clip to be embedded, so you’ll have to click here to see it. But believe me, it’s worth it.
His did knock in a run with the “triple” and the Milwaukee crowd–which included Braun’s friend and former NBA star Reggie Miller–gave the embarrassed MVP candidate a standing ovation after he was tagged out.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit