Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
You know you’re in for some good McCourt extravagance porn when a sentence like “The smaller of the two homes — at 8,385 square feet -…” is involved. That’s all followed by a ton of details about how the McCourts spend more money on housing and lawyers than your city spends on public schools in a year.
And a quick question: the article says that Jamie McCourt paid nearly$20K to convert a regular pool into a saltwater pool. Can someone who is richer than me explain the appeal of a saltwater pool? I love the ocean and stuff, but the saltwater, I find, to be a pain in the rear. If all I want to do is swim — as opposed to walk into a wonderful crashing surf — why do I want a saltwater?
While we’re on the Dodgers, they may have had their most sparsely-attended game in the Los Angels portion of their history yesterday.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)