Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EST
You know you’re in for some good McCourt extravagance porn when a sentence like “The smaller of the two homes — at 8,385 square feet -…” is involved. That’s all followed by a ton of details about how the McCourts spend more money on housing and lawyers than your city spends on public schools in a year.
And a quick question: the article says that Jamie McCourt paid nearly$20K to convert a regular pool into a saltwater pool. Can someone who is richer than me explain the appeal of a saltwater pool? I love the ocean and stuff, but the saltwater, I find, to be a pain in the rear. If all I want to do is swim — as opposed to walk into a wonderful crashing surf — why do I want a saltwater?
While we’re on the Dodgers, they may have had their most sparsely-attended game in the Los Angels portion of their history yesterday.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)