Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
You know you’re in for some good McCourt extravagance porn when a sentence like “The smaller of the two homes — at 8,385 square feet -…” is involved. That’s all followed by a ton of details about how the McCourts spend more money on housing and lawyers than your city spends on public schools in a year.
And a quick question: the article says that Jamie McCourt paid nearly$20K to convert a regular pool into a saltwater pool. Can someone who is richer than me explain the appeal of a saltwater pool? I love the ocean and stuff, but the saltwater, I find, to be a pain in the rear. If all I want to do is swim — as opposed to walk into a wonderful crashing surf — why do I want a saltwater?
While we’re on the Dodgers, they may have had their most sparsely-attended game in the Los Angels portion of their history yesterday.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)