Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
You know you’re in for some good McCourt extravagance porn when a sentence like “The smaller of the two homes — at 8,385 square feet -…” is involved. That’s all followed by a ton of details about how the McCourts spend more money on housing and lawyers than your city spends on public schools in a year.
And a quick question: the article says that Jamie McCourt paid nearly$20K to convert a regular pool into a saltwater pool. Can someone who is richer than me explain the appeal of a saltwater pool? I love the ocean and stuff, but the saltwater, I find, to be a pain in the rear. If all I want to do is swim — as opposed to walk into a wonderful crashing surf — why do I want a saltwater?
While we’re on the Dodgers, they may have had their most sparsely-attended game in the Los Angels portion of their history yesterday.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)