Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
You know you’re in for some good McCourt extravagance porn when a sentence like “The smaller of the two homes — at 8,385 square feet -…” is involved. That’s all followed by a ton of details about how the McCourts spend more money on housing and lawyers than your city spends on public schools in a year.
And a quick question: the article says that Jamie McCourt paid nearly$20K to convert a regular pool into a saltwater pool. Can someone who is richer than me explain the appeal of a saltwater pool? I love the ocean and stuff, but the saltwater, I find, to be a pain in the rear. If all I want to do is swim — as opposed to walk into a wonderful crashing surf — why do I want a saltwater?
While we’re on the Dodgers, they may have had their most sparsely-attended game in the Los Angels portion of their history yesterday.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)