Sep 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
I’m pretty sure I’m going to use that “murky at best” stuff every time I link an article at Grantland. I’m hoping the fact that I’m friendly with Rany and Jonah and all of those guys will keep them from getting too mad at me for it, but you don’t get to choose your memes and catchphrases. They choose you.
OK, Cards fans, put the revolver down. Because it’s Jonah, know that it’s not some shock piece. He’s running the numbers and the dollars and pointing out all of the difficult considerations that the Cardinals themselves have before them in light of El Hombre’s impending free agency.
Believe me: they’re going to be doing more than saying “we CAN’T lose Pujols!” and then throw their hands up in helplessness. They’re thinking about this stuff hard and, if you care about Pujols’ and the Cardinals’ future, you should be too.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 44
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)