Sep 2, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Updating this morning’s item, the judge in the Roger Clemens case has denied Clemens’ motion to have the case thrown out on double jeopardy grounds. Not surprisingly, he accepted the prosecution’s argument that it did not intend to derail the case when it introduced evidence that had been previously barred from the trial.
New trial is set for next April. let’s get ready to strap in and take this ride all over again.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)