Sep 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks head into San Francisco tonight with a six-game lead and the ability to all but put the defending champs away for good. But, with nine straight wins under their belts, there are even greater things at stake:
Arizona general manager Kevin Towers and club president Derrick Hall offered to sacrifice their hair if the winning streak hits 10 … “Can’t wait to get the 10th win in SF so I can shave some heads!!!!” Arizona infielder Ryan Roberts posted on Twitter.
Kirk Gibson likewise offered to shave his head. Given that he’s been as bald as me since the Reagan Administration, that should take two seconds.
Actually, that’s a lie. Gibson made no such offer. And I imagine that he’d fine anyone who came near him.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 26
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 126
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)