Sep 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks head into San Francisco tonight with a six-game lead and the ability to all but put the defending champs away for good. But, with nine straight wins under their belts, there are even greater things at stake:
Arizona general manager Kevin Towers and club president Derrick Hall offered to sacrifice their hair if the winning streak hits 10 … “Can’t wait to get the 10th win in SF so I can shave some heads!!!!” Arizona infielder Ryan Roberts posted on Twitter.
Kirk Gibson likewise offered to shave his head. Given that he’s been as bald as me since the Reagan Administration, that should take two seconds.
Actually, that’s a lie. Gibson made no such offer. And I imagine that he’d fine anyone who came near him.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)