Sep 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks head into San Francisco tonight with a six-game lead and the ability to all but put the defending champs away for good. But, with nine straight wins under their belts, there are even greater things at stake:
Arizona general manager Kevin Towers and club president Derrick Hall offered to sacrifice their hair if the winning streak hits 10 … “Can’t wait to get the 10th win in SF so I can shave some heads!!!!” Arizona infielder Ryan Roberts posted on Twitter.
Kirk Gibson likewise offered to shave his head. Given that he’s been as bald as me since the Reagan Administration, that should take two seconds.
Actually, that’s a lie. Gibson made no such offer. And I imagine that he’d fine anyone who came near him.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)