Sep 2, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks head into San Francisco tonight with a six-game lead and the ability to all but put the defending champs away for good. But, with nine straight wins under their belts, there are even greater things at stake:
Arizona general manager Kevin Towers and club president Derrick Hall offered to sacrifice their hair if the winning streak hits 10 … “Can’t wait to get the 10th win in SF so I can shave some heads!!!!” Arizona infielder Ryan Roberts posted on Twitter.
Kirk Gibson likewise offered to shave his head. Given that he’s been as bald as me since the Reagan Administration, that should take two seconds.
Actually, that’s a lie. Gibson made no such offer. And I imagine that he’d fine anyone who came near him.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (197)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)