Sep 2, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Jered Weaver was scheduled to start tonight against the Twins, but instead the Cy Young contender will delay his next turn in the rotation to attend his grandfather’s funeral in Oregon.
No official replacement has been named yet, but Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times reports that rookie Tyler Chatwood is expected to make the start.
Weaver, who leads the league with a 2.27 ERA and signed a five-year, $85 million contract extension last week, is slated to rejoin the Angels in time to start Saturday night versus Minnesota.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 15
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)