Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
I was half-tempted to headline this “Is Jesus Montero a bust?” but even I have limits to how much I can troll people. Fact is, though, that I bet there are people sitting in their apartments right now thinking that. Some folks get crazy when it comes to prospects. Especially Yankees prospects. But of course it was just one game and after all of the ink spilled about when he’ll come up and where he’ll play, I’m guessing that Montero is happy to have it behind him.
As for that game: Jon Lester — even a Jon Lester with less-than-his-best stuff — is a tough draw. Montero went 0 for 4. He stranded six on base as well. Welcome to the big leagues, kid.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)