Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 AM EST
I was half-tempted to headline this “Is Jesus Montero a bust?” but even I have limits to how much I can troll people. Fact is, though, that I bet there are people sitting in their apartments right now thinking that. Some folks get crazy when it comes to prospects. Especially Yankees prospects. But of course it was just one game and after all of the ink spilled about when he’ll come up and where he’ll play, I’m guessing that Montero is happy to have it behind him.
As for that game: Jon Lester — even a Jon Lester with less-than-his-best stuff — is a tough draw. Montero went 0 for 4. He stranded six on base as well. Welcome to the big leagues, kid.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)