Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
I was half-tempted to headline this “Is Jesus Montero a bust?” but even I have limits to how much I can troll people. Fact is, though, that I bet there are people sitting in their apartments right now thinking that. Some folks get crazy when it comes to prospects. Especially Yankees prospects. But of course it was just one game and after all of the ink spilled about when he’ll come up and where he’ll play, I’m guessing that Montero is happy to have it behind him.
As for that game: Jon Lester — even a Jon Lester with less-than-his-best stuff — is a tough draw. Montero went 0 for 4. He stranded six on base as well. Welcome to the big leagues, kid.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 24
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)