Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
I was half-tempted to headline this “Is Jesus Montero a bust?” but even I have limits to how much I can troll people. Fact is, though, that I bet there are people sitting in their apartments right now thinking that. Some folks get crazy when it comes to prospects. Especially Yankees prospects. But of course it was just one game and after all of the ink spilled about when he’ll come up and where he’ll play, I’m guessing that Montero is happy to have it behind him.
As for that game: Jon Lester — even a Jon Lester with less-than-his-best stuff — is a tough draw. Montero went 0 for 4. He stranded six on base as well. Welcome to the big leagues, kid.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 5
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)