Sep 2, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
I was half-tempted to headline this “Is Jesus Montero a bust?” but even I have limits to how much I can troll people. Fact is, though, that I bet there are people sitting in their apartments right now thinking that. Some folks get crazy when it comes to prospects. Especially Yankees prospects. But of course it was just one game and after all of the ink spilled about when he’ll come up and where he’ll play, I’m guessing that Montero is happy to have it behind him.
As for that game: Jon Lester — even a Jon Lester with less-than-his-best stuff — is a tough draw. Montero went 0 for 4. He stranded six on base as well. Welcome to the big leagues, kid.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)