Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Casey Blake is already scheduled for season- and possibly career-ending surgery on his neck and now Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that another Dodgers infielder, Juan Uribe, may also go under the knife soon.
Uribe hasn’t played since mid-July because of a sports hernia and is seeking a second opinion before likely opting for surgery that comes with a 6-8 week recovery timetable.
Blake is in the final season of his contract, but unfortunately for the Dodgers they’re stuck with Uribe for two more seasons as part of a misguided three-year, $21 million deal signed this offseason. He hit .204 with a .557 OPS in 77 games before being shut down, dropping his career on-base percentage to .298.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)