Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Casey Blake is already scheduled for season- and possibly career-ending surgery on his neck and now Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that another Dodgers infielder, Juan Uribe, may also go under the knife soon.
Uribe hasn’t played since mid-July because of a sports hernia and is seeking a second opinion before likely opting for surgery that comes with a 6-8 week recovery timetable.
Blake is in the final season of his contract, but unfortunately for the Dodgers they’re stuck with Uribe for two more seasons as part of a misguided three-year, $21 million deal signed this offseason. He hit .204 with a .557 OPS in 77 games before being shut down, dropping his career on-base percentage to .298.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 98
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (98)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)