Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Casey Blake is already scheduled for season- and possibly career-ending surgery on his neck and now Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that another Dodgers infielder, Juan Uribe, may also go under the knife soon.
Uribe hasn’t played since mid-July because of a sports hernia and is seeking a second opinion before likely opting for surgery that comes with a 6-8 week recovery timetable.
Blake is in the final season of his contract, but unfortunately for the Dodgers they’re stuck with Uribe for two more seasons as part of a misguided three-year, $21 million deal signed this offseason. He hit .204 with a .557 OPS in 77 games before being shut down, dropping his career on-base percentage to .298.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 8
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 6
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles