Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Casey Blake is already scheduled for season- and possibly career-ending surgery on his neck and now Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that another Dodgers infielder, Juan Uribe, may also go under the knife soon.
Uribe hasn’t played since mid-July because of a sports hernia and is seeking a second opinion before likely opting for surgery that comes with a 6-8 week recovery timetable.
Blake is in the final season of his contract, but unfortunately for the Dodgers they’re stuck with Uribe for two more seasons as part of a misguided three-year, $21 million deal signed this offseason. He hit .204 with a .557 OPS in 77 games before being shut down, dropping his career on-base percentage to .298.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)