Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Casey Blake is already scheduled for season- and possibly career-ending surgery on his neck and now Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that another Dodgers infielder, Juan Uribe, may also go under the knife soon.
Uribe hasn’t played since mid-July because of a sports hernia and is seeking a second opinion before likely opting for surgery that comes with a 6-8 week recovery timetable.
Blake is in the final season of his contract, but unfortunately for the Dodgers they’re stuck with Uribe for two more seasons as part of a misguided three-year, $21 million deal signed this offseason. He hit .204 with a .557 OPS in 77 games before being shut down, dropping his career on-base percentage to .298.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 34
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 9
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)