Sep 2, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
UPDATE: Youkilis is back in the Red Sox’s lineup and batting cleanup tonight.
Youkilis has been out since August 18 with a strained lower back, but went 2-for-8 with a homer during a brief rehab assignment at Triple-A, deeming himself “good to go” and “as good as I can be for September.”
Youkilis was in a prolonged slump before being shut down, hitting just .181 in his last 20 games, although he did have four homers and 10 walks during that time. Jed Lowrie has started 14 of 16 games at third base in Youkilis’ absence, with Mike Aviles drawing the other two starts.
If nothing else his return should help the Red Sox games drag on even longer.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)