Sep 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman cuts to the heart of the playoffs:
While the playoffs aren’t really a crap shoot, as some suggest, almost anything can and will happen. Anyone who makes it has a legitimate shot, and that includes the Diamondbacks, who may be baseball’s best story this season.
As reader Michael K., who pointed this out to me says, “Umm, isn’t that the very definition of ‘crapshoot’?”
Heyman has the Phillies as the clear favorite to win it all, however. And my acknowledgment of the crapshoot nature of it all aside, if I had to pick one right now, I’d go with ’em too.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 55
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 18
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29