Sep 2, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman cuts to the heart of the playoffs:
While the playoffs aren’t really a crap shoot, as some suggest, almost anything can and will happen. Anyone who makes it has a legitimate shot, and that includes the Diamondbacks, who may be baseball’s best story this season.
As reader Michael K., who pointed this out to me says, “Umm, isn’t that the very definition of ‘crapshoot’?”
Heyman has the Phillies as the clear favorite to win it all, however. And my acknowledgment of the crapshoot nature of it all aside, if I had to pick one right now, I’d go with ‘em too.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39