Sep 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
This is the end. Beautiful friend. This is the end. My only friend, the end. Of Julio Lugo‘s elaborate plans, the end …. we’ll never look into his eyes again …
At least I seriously doubt we will. The Braves’ signing of Julio Lugo was weird and pointless enough and his performance during his time in Atlanta bore that out. But now Julio Lugo has been released to make room on the roster for Jack Wilson. If he got another major league job I’d be pretty darn shocked.
Lugo will not, alas, get to help the Braves win a World Championship. At least directly. His release may have raised the odds somewhat, however.
It hurts … to set you free, but you’ll never follow me …
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)