Sep 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
This is the end. Beautiful friend. This is the end. My only friend, the end. Of Julio Lugo‘s elaborate plans, the end …. we’ll never look into his eyes again …
At least I seriously doubt we will. The Braves’ signing of Julio Lugo was weird and pointless enough and his performance during his time in Atlanta bore that out. But now Julio Lugo has been released to make room on the roster for Jack Wilson. If he got another major league job I’d be pretty darn shocked.
Lugo will not, alas, get to help the Braves win a World Championship. At least directly. His release may have raised the odds somewhat, however.
It hurts … to set you free, but you’ll never follow me …
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (146)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)