Sep 2, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
This is the end. Beautiful friend. This is the end. My only friend, the end. Of Julio Lugo‘s elaborate plans, the end …. we’ll never look into his eyes again …
At least I seriously doubt we will. The Braves’ signing of Julio Lugo was weird and pointless enough and his performance during his time in Atlanta bore that out. But now Julio Lugo has been released to make room on the roster for Jack Wilson. If he got another major league job I’d be pretty darn shocked.
Lugo will not, alas, get to help the Braves win a World Championship. At least directly. His release may have raised the odds somewhat, however.
It hurts … to set you free, but you’ll never follow me …
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona