Sep 2, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The Cubs have announced that Carlos Zambrano won’t rejoin the team for the rest of the season They will, however, start paying him again on September 11th, which is when his time on the restricted list is up. His grievance remains unresolved.
So that’s this year. Whether he’ll ever rejoin the team is unclear. Given that they seem content to pay him not to be there now, I can’t see why they wouldn’t feel the same way next year. Ultimately, though, this decision should be left to whoever they hire as the new general manager. And may have a lot to do with whether the new general manager decides to replace Mike Quade.
If it’s me I say goodbye to Big Z. If you’re the new Cubs GM you gotta clean the slate. This is doubly true if you’re bringing in a new manager.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)