Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 PM EDT
Crisp fouled a ball off the foot on Saturday evening and was eventually removed from the Oakland lineup after attempting to play through the discomfort for a couple of innings. He’s not in danger of doing any more damage to the foot, but the 31-year-old center fielder has been banged up for much of the second half and is probably due for a few days off.
Crisp, 31, is batting .268/.323/.385 with seven home runs and 39 stolen bases in 121 games this season.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)