Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 PM EST
Crisp fouled a ball off the foot on Saturday evening and was eventually removed from the Oakland lineup after attempting to play through the discomfort for a couple of innings. He’s not in danger of doing any more damage to the foot, but the 31-year-old center fielder has been banged up for much of the second half and is probably due for a few days off.
Crisp, 31, is batting .268/.323/.385 with seven home runs and 39 stolen bases in 121 games this season.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)