Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 PM EDT
Crisp fouled a ball off the foot on Saturday evening and was eventually removed from the Oakland lineup after attempting to play through the discomfort for a couple of innings. He’s not in danger of doing any more damage to the foot, but the 31-year-old center fielder has been banged up for much of the second half and is probably due for a few days off.
Crisp, 31, is batting .268/.323/.385 with seven home runs and 39 stolen bases in 121 games this season.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)