Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 PM EDT
Crisp fouled a ball off the foot on Saturday evening and was eventually removed from the Oakland lineup after attempting to play through the discomfort for a couple of innings. He’s not in danger of doing any more damage to the foot, but the 31-year-old center fielder has been banged up for much of the second half and is probably due for a few days off.
Crisp, 31, is batting .268/.323/.385 with seven home runs and 39 stolen bases in 121 games this season.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 11
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 63
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)