Sep 3, 2011, 10:29 PM EST
Crisp fouled a ball off the foot on Saturday evening and was eventually removed from the Oakland lineup after attempting to play through the discomfort for a couple of innings. He’s not in danger of doing any more damage to the foot, but the 31-year-old center fielder has been banged up for much of the second half and is probably due for a few days off.
Crisp, 31, is batting .268/.323/.385 with seven home runs and 39 stolen bases in 121 games this season.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 13
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 22
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)