Sep 3, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
Braves right-hander Peter Moylan underwent surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back in mid-April and hasn’t pitched in a major league game since. That should change tomorrow. Or at some point early next week.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Moylan will be activated from the 60-day disabled list on Sunday morning and will be available out of the Atlanta bullpen for the Braves’ series finale against the visiting Dodgers.
Moylan allowed one unearned run and struck out 10 batters over six minor league rehab appearances. A 32-year-old from Australia, he has posted a sparkling 2.61 ERA in 251 2/3 career major league innings. The Braves are likely to use him frequently down the stretch.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)