Sep 3, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds have recalled right-hander Edinson Volquez from Triple-A Louisville.
Volquez, now two years removed from Tommy John surgery, has a disappointing 5.93 ERA and 85/55 K/BB ratio over 16 starts with the Reds this season. However, The 28-year-old right-hander has made some strides since being demoted to the minors in early July, posting a 2.47 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 11 starts. He struck out 23 batters over his final two starts, including a season-high 12 last night.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17