Sep 3, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds have recalled right-hander Edinson Volquez from Triple-A Louisville.
Volquez, now two years removed from Tommy John surgery, has a disappointing 5.93 ERA and 85/55 K/BB ratio over 16 starts with the Reds this season. However, The 28-year-old right-hander has made some strides since being demoted to the minors in early July, posting a 2.47 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 11 starts. He struck out 23 batters over his final two starts, including a season-high 12 last night.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 12
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 3
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)