Sep 3, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds have recalled right-hander Edinson Volquez from Triple-A Louisville.
Volquez, now two years removed from Tommy John surgery, has a disappointing 5.93 ERA and 85/55 K/BB ratio over 16 starts with the Reds this season. However, The 28-year-old right-hander has made some strides since being demoted to the minors in early July, posting a 2.47 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 11 starts. He struck out 23 batters over his final two starts, including a season-high 12 last night.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)