Sep 3, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds have recalled right-hander Edinson Volquez from Triple-A Louisville.
Volquez, now two years removed from Tommy John surgery, has a disappointing 5.93 ERA and 85/55 K/BB ratio over 16 starts with the Reds this season. However, The 28-year-old right-hander has made some strides since being demoted to the minors in early July, posting a 2.47 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 11 starts. He struck out 23 batters over his final two starts, including a season-high 12 last night.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)