Sep 3, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
According to John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Reds have recalled right-hander Edinson Volquez from Triple-A Louisville.
Volquez, now two years removed from Tommy John surgery, has a disappointing 5.93 ERA and 85/55 K/BB ratio over 16 starts with the Reds this season. However, The 28-year-old right-hander has made some strides since being demoted to the minors in early July, posting a 2.47 ERA and 76/23 K/BB ratio over 11 starts. He struck out 23 batters over his final two starts, including a season-high 12 last night.
- Major League Baseball to investigate Randy Levine for tampering as a result of Mike Trout comment 6
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” 83
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 17
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 60
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 6
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)