Sep 4, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira‘s knee is feeling improved.
According to Erik Boland of Newsday, the first baseman is back in the Yankees’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Teixeira did not play Friday or Saturday after taking a pitch to the right knee in Thursday’s 4-2 defeat of the Red Sox. He suffered mild contusion, and spent the first half of the weekend nursing it with ice and rest.
Teixeira, 31, is batting .248/.345/.503 with 35 home runs and 100 RBI in 134 games this season.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 9
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 48
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 112
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (112)