Sep 4, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira‘s knee is feeling improved.
According to Erik Boland of Newsday, the first baseman is back in the Yankees’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Teixeira did not play Friday or Saturday after taking a pitch to the right knee in Thursday’s 4-2 defeat of the Red Sox. He suffered mild contusion, and spent the first half of the weekend nursing it with ice and rest.
Teixeira, 31, is batting .248/.345/.503 with 35 home runs and 100 RBI in 134 games this season.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)