Sep 4, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Mark Teixeira‘s knee is feeling improved.
According to Erik Boland of Newsday, the first baseman is back in the Yankees’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Teixeira did not play Friday or Saturday after taking a pitch to the right knee in Thursday’s 4-2 defeat of the Red Sox. He suffered mild contusion, and spent the first half of the weekend nursing it with ice and rest.
Teixeira, 31, is batting .248/.345/.503 with 35 home runs and 100 RBI in 134 games this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17