Sep 4, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
Stanton was forced from Saturday’s 8-4 victory over Philadelphia after tumbling near first base while attempting to leg out a fifth-inning infield hit. He walked off the field under his own power, but the 21-year-old outfielder was sporting a noticeable limp.
The Marlins are hoping Stanton will feel fine after just one day of rest. He is available to pinch hit Sunday and should be back in the heart of Florida’s lineup for the start of a three-game set Monday with the Mets.
Stanton is batting .261/.351/.543 with 32 home runs and 81 RBI in 538 plate appearances this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)