Sep 5, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
This is Jenks’ third disabled list stint of the season and he allowed 12 runs in 16 innings in between the injuries, so the Red Sox have no real motivation to get him healthy to serve as a mop-up man down the stretch anyway.
However, because they signed Jenks to a two-year, $12 million deal as a free agent he’ll be under contract for $6 million next season.
In other Red Sox injury news, Erik Bedard is expected to skip his next turn in the rotation because of a knee injury. Unlike with Jenks there’s plenty of motivation to get Bedard healthy, as he’s thrown 32 innings with a 3.66 ERA and 32/13 K/BB ratio since joining Boston’s rotation.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)