Sep 5, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
This is Jenks’ third disabled list stint of the season and he allowed 12 runs in 16 innings in between the injuries, so the Red Sox have no real motivation to get him healthy to serve as a mop-up man down the stretch anyway.
However, because they signed Jenks to a two-year, $12 million deal as a free agent he’ll be under contract for $6 million next season.
In other Red Sox injury news, Erik Bedard is expected to skip his next turn in the rotation because of a knee injury. Unlike with Jenks there’s plenty of motivation to get Bedard healthy, as he’s thrown 32 innings with a 3.66 ERA and 32/13 K/BB ratio since joining Boston’s rotation.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)