Sep 5, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
So many of you people were agitating last winter for Wally Backman to be in the Mets dugout this season. Well, you’ve finally gotten your wish:
Triple-A Buffalo manager Tim Teufel will serve as an extra coach with the Mets beginning Friday through Sept. 18. Double-A Binghamton manager Wally Backman then joins the Mets on Sept. 20 for the remainder of the season.
Teufel and Backman? Platoon! Now if we can get Dykstra to join Mookie Wilson, then we’d really be in business.
Oh, wait. Sorry. That’s not going to be possible, is it?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)