Sep 5, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
So many of you people were agitating last winter for Wally Backman to be in the Mets dugout this season. Well, you’ve finally gotten your wish:
Triple-A Buffalo manager Tim Teufel will serve as an extra coach with the Mets beginning Friday through Sept. 18. Double-A Binghamton manager Wally Backman then joins the Mets on Sept. 20 for the remainder of the season.
Teufel and Backman? Platoon! Now if we can get Dykstra to join Mookie Wilson, then we’d really be in business.
Oh, wait. Sorry. That’s not going to be possible, is it?
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)