Sep 5, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
So many of you people were agitating last winter for Wally Backman to be in the Mets dugout this season. Well, you’ve finally gotten your wish:
Triple-A Buffalo manager Tim Teufel will serve as an extra coach with the Mets beginning Friday through Sept. 18. Double-A Binghamton manager Wally Backman then joins the Mets on Sept. 20 for the remainder of the season.
Teufel and Backman? Platoon! Now if we can get Dykstra to join Mookie Wilson, then we’d really be in business.
Oh, wait. Sorry. That’s not going to be possible, is it?
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)