Sep 5, 2011, 4:44 PM EST
So many of you people were agitating last winter for Wally Backman to be in the Mets dugout this season. Well, you’ve finally gotten your wish:
Triple-A Buffalo manager Tim Teufel will serve as an extra coach with the Mets beginning Friday through Sept. 18. Double-A Binghamton manager Wally Backman then joins the Mets on Sept. 20 for the remainder of the season.
Teufel and Backman? Platoon! Now if we can get Dykstra to join Mookie Wilson, then we’d really be in business.
Oh, wait. Sorry. That’s not going to be possible, is it?
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 0
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 88
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 43
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (88)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)