Sep 5, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Jesus Montero is progressing pretty nicely for the Yankees.
He went hitless in his debut, collected one hit in his second game, notched two hits in his third game, and homered twice against the Orioles today in his fourth game.
Not that there needed to be any more hype surrounding Montero at this point, but here’s a complete list of all the 21-and-under players in baseball history to homer twice in one of their first five games:
YEAR AGE Manny Ramirez 1993 21.096 Tom Brunansky 1984 20.234 Billy Conigliaro 1969 21.244 Don Money 1969 21.305 Curt Blefary 1965 21.286 Brian McCall 1962 19.248 Charlie Gilbert 1940 20.290
And now Montero, who is 21 years and 281 days old.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights