Sep 6, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I got all excited for the Strassurrection earlier, but my words appear as though they will be for naught. That pic is the weather radar for Washington, D.C. at around 5PM this evening. Looking more widely, it only gets wetter after that. And it’s going to continue like that for a couple of days, it seems. Right now the chance of rain is listed at 90%, but methinks that’s just some weathermen being conservative.
Which is also bad news for games in Philly, New York and everywhere else up the eastern seaboard, thanks to the remains of Tropical Storm Lee.
Thank goodness most of the pennant races are history. The rescheduling that will have to go down will be bad enough as it is. At least we can chuck a couple of games here or there if we need be and not have it matter.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)