Sep 6, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I got all excited for the Strassurrection earlier, but my words appear as though they will be for naught. That pic is the weather radar for Washington, D.C. at around 5PM this evening. Looking more widely, it only gets wetter after that. And it’s going to continue like that for a couple of days, it seems. Right now the chance of rain is listed at 90%, but methinks that’s just some weathermen being conservative.
Which is also bad news for games in Philly, New York and everywhere else up the eastern seaboard, thanks to the remains of Tropical Storm Lee.
Thank goodness most of the pennant races are history. The rescheduling that will have to go down will be bad enough as it is. At least we can chuck a couple of games here or there if we need be and not have it matter.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)