Sep 6, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I got all excited for the Strassurrection earlier, but my words appear as though they will be for naught. That pic is the weather radar for Washington, D.C. at around 5PM this evening. Looking more widely, it only gets wetter after that. And it’s going to continue like that for a couple of days, it seems. Right now the chance of rain is listed at 90%, but methinks that’s just some weathermen being conservative.
Which is also bad news for games in Philly, New York and everywhere else up the eastern seaboard, thanks to the remains of Tropical Storm Lee.
Thank goodness most of the pennant races are history. The rescheduling that will have to go down will be bad enough as it is. At least we can chuck a couple of games here or there if we need be and not have it matter.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)