Sep 6, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I got all excited for the Strassurrection earlier, but my words appear as though they will be for naught. That pic is the weather radar for Washington, D.C. at around 5PM this evening. Looking more widely, it only gets wetter after that. And it’s going to continue like that for a couple of days, it seems. Right now the chance of rain is listed at 90%, but methinks that’s just some weathermen being conservative.
Which is also bad news for games in Philly, New York and everywhere else up the eastern seaboard, thanks to the remains of Tropical Storm Lee.
Thank goodness most of the pennant races are history. The rescheduling that will have to go down will be bad enough as it is. At least we can chuck a couple of games here or there if we need be and not have it matter.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 4
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)