Sep 6, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Rockies prospect Drew Pomeranz — who came to Colorado in the Ubaldo Jimenez deal — will make his major league debut against the Reds on Sunday. Not bad for a guy who had an emergency appendectomy a couple of weeks ago and was thought to be done for the year. It takes me three weeks to recover from a sore hammy after playing basketball with neighborhood dads. Youth. Bah.
Anyway, Pomeranz is a pretty studly prospect. He has pitched in high-A and double-A in his first pro season, making ten starts with a K/BB ratio of 119/38 in 101.1 innings while posting a 1.78 ERA. There is every reason to think that this kid is going to be a star.
At least to the extent we can throw any expectations on a young pitcher what with the fact that they tend to, you know, break.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)