Sep 6, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Jimmy Rollins is eligible to come off the disabled list today, but general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. explained yesterday that the shortstop isn’t ready to return from his groin injury.
“I think it’s going to be a day-to-day thing as to when he’s going to be ready and ready to go, but he’s getting closer,” Amaro told Nate Mink of MLB.com.
Rollins hasn’t played since August 22, but was able to field ground balls and do some running yesterday, suggesting that he’s relatively near a return date despite not being ready after the minimum 15 days away from the lineup. Wilson Valdez has started 10 of the 12 games at shortstop in Rollins’ absence and the Phillies are 8-4 since he was placed on the disabled list.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)