Sep 6, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
Good news for the Red Sox.
While we heard this morning that Josh Beckett wasn’t dealing with a sprained right ankle as originally diagnosed yesterday, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that he underwent an examination earlier today which was consistent with an ankle sprain.
According to a release from the team, an MRI confirmed no other injury to his ankle tendons or his Achilles tendon. He is scheduled to be reexamined later this week.
Red Sox manager Terry Francona announced this afternoon that Beckett won’t pitch this weekend against the Rays, but it sounds like they dodged a bullet here.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 4
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?