Sep 6, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
Good news for the Red Sox.
While we heard this morning that Josh Beckett wasn’t dealing with a sprained right ankle as originally diagnosed yesterday, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that he underwent an examination earlier today which was consistent with an ankle sprain.
According to a release from the team, an MRI confirmed no other injury to his ankle tendons or his Achilles tendon. He is scheduled to be reexamined later this week.
Red Sox manager Terry Francona announced this afternoon that Beckett won’t pitch this weekend against the Rays, but it sounds like they dodged a bullet here.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)