Sep 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I suppose this could cut either good or bad. But it is still somewhat unsettling, for we fear the unknown:
The diagnosis of the injury suffered by the pitcher in the fourth inning Monday was originally classified as a sprain, but has since been identified as something different. It isn’t clear if it is more promising, or potentially more threatening. As the pitcher said after the loss, he has never experienced anything like this so answers will have to come when he visits with foot specialist Dr. George Theodore Tuesday.
For a team that for so much of the year looked like it was ready to be crowned, there are a lot of questions swirling around the Sox right now.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)