Sep 6, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Cardinals: I like Rafael.
Cardinals’ friend: Do you like him, or do you like like him?
Cardinals: I like like him.
Cardinals friend: OMG!
[meanwhile, at the other end of the cafeteria]
Rafael Furcal: I like the Cardinals.
Rafael’s friend: Really like them?
Friend: Hmmm. “I’d?” That seems a bit hypothetical.
Furcal: Well, a man has to keep is options open, right?
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)