Sep 6, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Toronto acquired Davis from the A’s in November and then signed him to a two-year, $5.75 million contract hoping that he’d get on base for the lineup’s many sluggers and inject some speed into the powerful offense.
He accomplished the speed part, swiping 34 bases in 94 games, but Davis was also thrown out 11 times and hit just .238 with a .273 on-base percentage. He’s under contract for $2.75 million next season and the Blue Jays also have a $3 million option or $500,000 buyout for 2013, but Davis figures to have a lesser role as a fourth outfielder.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 42
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 119
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (119)