Sep 6, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Toronto acquired Davis from the A’s in November and then signed him to a two-year, $5.75 million contract hoping that he’d get on base for the lineup’s many sluggers and inject some speed into the powerful offense.
He accomplished the speed part, swiping 34 bases in 94 games, but Davis was also thrown out 11 times and hit just .238 with a .273 on-base percentage. He’s under contract for $2.75 million next season and the Blue Jays also have a $3 million option or $500,000 buyout for 2013, but Davis figures to have a lesser role as a fourth outfielder.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)