Sep 6, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I hope you’re sitting down for this, but the Cardinals have a complaint about something. I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.
This time: the 3:15PM start time for the game against Milwaukee yesterday. Seems it created shadows that made it difficult for Cardinals hitters to pick up the ball. Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday said it was unfair for hitters on both teams. Holliday added that due to the shadows “if you’re not ahead in the third inning, if the hitters can’t see the ball, it makes for a noncompetitive game once the shadows set in.” Worth noting that the Brewer scored in the second, third, sixth and seventh innings.
To be fair, none of the Cardinals who spoke took anything away from Randy Wolf, who pitched brilliantly. And Ryan Braun commented on the shadows too, so it’s not like it’s your standard Tony La Russa-inspired complain-fest.
But still. Some days the wind blows in. Some days the marine layer settles in. Some days there are 3PM starts and vexing shadows fall across the field. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)