Sep 6, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I hope you’re sitting down for this, but the Cardinals have a complaint about something. I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.
This time: the 3:15PM start time for the game against Milwaukee yesterday. Seems it created shadows that made it difficult for Cardinals hitters to pick up the ball. Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday said it was unfair for hitters on both teams. Holliday added that due to the shadows “if you’re not ahead in the third inning, if the hitters can’t see the ball, it makes for a noncompetitive game once the shadows set in.” Worth noting that the Brewer scored in the second, third, sixth and seventh innings.
To be fair, none of the Cardinals who spoke took anything away from Randy Wolf, who pitched brilliantly. And Ryan Braun commented on the shadows too, so it’s not like it’s your standard Tony La Russa-inspired complain-fest.
But still. Some days the wind blows in. Some days the marine layer settles in. Some days there are 3PM starts and vexing shadows fall across the field. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)