Sep 6, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I hope you’re sitting down for this, but the Cardinals have a complaint about something. I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.
This time: the 3:15PM start time for the game against Milwaukee yesterday. Seems it created shadows that made it difficult for Cardinals hitters to pick up the ball. Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday said it was unfair for hitters on both teams. Holliday added that due to the shadows “if you’re not ahead in the third inning, if the hitters can’t see the ball, it makes for a noncompetitive game once the shadows set in.” Worth noting that the Brewer scored in the second, third, sixth and seventh innings.
To be fair, none of the Cardinals who spoke took anything away from Randy Wolf, who pitched brilliantly. And Ryan Braun commented on the shadows too, so it’s not like it’s your standard Tony La Russa-inspired complain-fest.
But still. Some days the wind blows in. Some days the marine layer settles in. Some days there are 3PM starts and vexing shadows fall across the field. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (151)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)