Sep 6, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
I hope you’re sitting down for this, but the Cardinals have a complaint about something. I know. I’m just as shocked as you are.
This time: the 3:15PM start time for the game against Milwaukee yesterday. Seems it created shadows that made it difficult for Cardinals hitters to pick up the ball. Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday said it was unfair for hitters on both teams. Holliday added that due to the shadows “if you’re not ahead in the third inning, if the hitters can’t see the ball, it makes for a noncompetitive game once the shadows set in.” Worth noting that the Brewer scored in the second, third, sixth and seventh innings.
To be fair, none of the Cardinals who spoke took anything away from Randy Wolf, who pitched brilliantly. And Ryan Braun commented on the shadows too, so it’s not like it’s your standard Tony La Russa-inspired complain-fest.
But still. Some days the wind blows in. Some days the marine layer settles in. Some days there are 3PM starts and vexing shadows fall across the field. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)