And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights

Sep 7, 2011, 5:06 AM EDT

Boston Red Sox v Toronto Blue Jays Getty Images

Red Sox 14, Blue Jays 0: Just when you thought it was safe to panic, Red Sox Nation, Josh Beckett‘s ankle ends up being only sprained, Jon Lester dominates the opposition and the offense goes off for 14 runs on 20 hits.

Yankees 5, Orioles 3: After a four hour rain delay, the game got started after 11PM Eastern time and ended at 2:15AM, so I’m sure everyone saw this one.  Francisco Cervelli hit the tie-breaking homer in the seventh. Some fans reached for it and Buck Showalter argued that it shouldn’t have been a home run, but replay didn’t bear him out and Joe West was unavailable to be patched in so he could call it, I dunno, catcher’s interference or whatever struck his fancy.

Rangers 8, Rays 0: C.J. Wilson with the five-hit shutout. And as soon as the game ended my Twitter feed blew up with Yankees fans talking about what he’ll look like in pinstripes next season. To be fair, though, that seems fairly inevitable, so I’ll withhold the charges of Yankee fan covetousness this time around.

Mariners 2, Angels 1: King Felix wins his 14th after outdueling Ervin Santana. Eight innings pitched without an earned run for Hernandez.

Dodgers 7, Nationals 3: Stephen Strasburg was excellent in his first game back –he allowed only two hits over five scoreless innings while striking out four and walking no one and leaving the game with a 3-0 lead — but the bullpen frittered the game away. Four driven in for Andre Ethier.

White Sox 3, Twins 0: Minnesota’s offensive ineptitude — or, if you’re a glass-is-half-full-kind-of-guy, Chicago’s pitching eptitude — is quite stunning. The Twins have scored two runs in three games against the Sox and have lost four in a row overall. Oh, and they’re now mathematically eliminated. Actually, I think the Tigers win over Cleveland eliminated them first, but I have to check the times the games ended.  Pretty sure it was Detroit who knocked ‘em out, though.

Tigers 10, Indians 1: Speaking of the Tigers, they continue to build their lead. It remains eight over Chicago but is now eight and a half over Cleveland. This was a thrashing. It was 8-0 before Cleveland even came to bat in the second inning. The rest was extended epilogue.

Phillies 6, Braves 3: The 90th win of the season for Philly.  Raul Ibanez went 3 for 4 with three driven in.  Vance Worley wins again. The team has won the last 14 of his starts. He’s gotta be the fourth starter in the playoffs, right? I mean, Cholly isn’t going to simply give the ball to Oswalt because he’s got some gray hairs near his temples, right?

Cardinals 4, Brewers 2: Milwaukee outhit St. Louis 10-9, but ever since that rule change we count runs for purposes of determining a game’s winner, not hits.

Rockies 8, Diamondbacks 3: Your standard seven-run-rally-with-two-outs-in-the-eighth-inning affair.

Giants 6, Padres 4: And San Francisco gains a game thanks in part to rookie Brett Pill, who homered in his first game, and rookie Eric Surkamp, who won his major league game.  Because they’re not creaky and 35, however, Pill will probably be benched today and Surkamp skipped his next turn through.

Astros 4, Pirates 1: Another rainy, gloomy day in Pittsburgh sees Brett Myers get his first win since mid-June.

Royals 7, Athletics 4: Danny Duffy allowed four hits and struck out four. He walked three, all of whom scored, so let that be a lesson to you kids out there. Jeff Francoeur and Eric Hosmer went yard.

Reds 4, Cubs 2: Mike Leake had a shutout through eight and two-thirds when the Cubs rallied for two runs off him courtesy of a Starlin Castro single and a Bryan LaHair homer. And it’s not like Leake ran out of gas or something, as he ended up finishing the ninth with only 91 pitches thrown. Oh well, feces occurs.  Joey Votto bailed the Redlegs out with a two-run double in the 13th inning.

Mets 7, Marlins 4: Losing two-run leads in the bottom of the ninth is the new black. Reds did it and so too did the Mets.  Dealing with it and winning the game in extra innings anyway is a nice little accessory for that new black. Three RBI for Nick Evans, including what proved to be the game-winner in the 12th inning.

1. bigleagues - Sep 7, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Don’t look now, but Dan Uggla is on 10 Game Hitting streak:

11-34, .325, 3HR, 6RBI, 8R

2. Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 5:48 AM

This was one of those games where you knew the Teal Titans were going to leave it all back in the swimming pool. After a day of pounding the ball, the Feesh returned to their cherished habit of leaving runners abase in heaps – 3 for 13 with RISP last night. The eighth was classic Feesh and visitors – bases loaded, one out, one run down, Mutts peetcher feeling generous up to that point. Lopez K, Bonifacio K. A few mock heroics in the bottom of the night pushed this fiasco into extra innings for Ceda to sashay in from the boolpen and throw batting practice in the 12th. Meatballs, anyone?

I drove over the SR 836 bridge eastbound last evening and caught Macondo Banana Massacre Field in the post-rainstorm irridescent yellow light so special to these latitudes. It continues to bloat on the horizon like some enormous Cuisinart with a plastic top you can flip over to hold your shredded carrots and onions after pulsing a couple of times. It’s not the same kind of stolid ugly as the Tropicana Dump; it’s the ugly of sleek, functional sterility. Buddha forbid they’d’ve built us something in Spanish or Moorish style to blend in with the tropical environment instead of the moonbase-like blister. I miss the modernist mass of the Orange Bowl.

• nolanwiffle - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM

You say you’ve seen this town clear through
      Nothin’ here that could interest you
      It’s not because you missed out on the thing we had to start

Maybe you had too much too fast……

(Like two championships in your first 19 years of existence!)

• Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Well, well, well
        You can never tell…..

Last one was eight years ago. That’s practically an entire lifetime for a cat, much less a Feesh. And boy, is it hard to recall the excitement and surprise of the ’03 season when you have to sit and watch the ones who weren’t lucky enough to ride the tide out of here gasping on the mud flats up at Joeprodolsharklife Stadium at the end of this Cretaceous-Tertiary season.

3. drewmunny - Sep 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM

C.J. Wilson in pinstripes. Fairly inevitable. Hmmm, takes me way back to 2010 postseason when a certain Cliff Lee was inevitably going to end up in blue pinstripes. When the ink is dry on the contract, that’s when I’ll celebrate and blow up a Twitter feed. Until then, well, not holding my breath either.

• Mr. Furious - Sep 7, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I remember when Albert Belle was a lock to sign with the Yankees, until George Steinbrenner stepped in as the voice of reason (wait, what?) and brought Bernie Williams back. Heck, they tried to sign David Cone when he hit free agency with the Royals and failed, and I think that was right around the time Greg Maddux signed with the Braves for less money than the Yankees offered.

The Yankees usually get their guy, but it doesn’t always happen. In most cases they’re worse off for it, but at least they dodged the Belle bullet. And imagine if they’d signed Bobby Grich instead of Reggie Jackson for the ’77 season.

• Alex K - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Blue pinstripes? Cliff Lee was never going to be a Cub. OH! You mean navy pinstripes!

• phukyouk - Sep 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM

i DO NOT WANT this kid for another AJ contract and thats what it is going to take to get him… 5 yrs 85-100 mil min. im sick of those damn contract. plus hes not even the best lefty to hit free agency this off season

4. halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Well, the Vanimal looked good again, securing his 11th win of the year in a lousy night to play baseball, weather-wise. Vanimal is so deceptive with his delivery, getting a ton of non-swinging called third strikes, making the hitters look stunned. Rauuuuuul had a beautiful 3 RBI game, just missing a HR off the wall in deep centerfield.

With Roy Oswalt pitching, can we say sweep sweep! Don’t let me down, buddy.

• bleedgreen - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Does it say something about being spoiled when our #5 gives up 2 runs over 6 and I think ‘Wow, the starting pitching sucked tonight’?

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Yeah, we are spoiled. Worley, our #5, is better than some #1 starters on other teams and probably better than 95% of the #2 pitchers in baseball.

5. acheron2112 - Sep 7, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Glad I (and everyone else) was wrong about Strasmas having to wait. Loved seeing him again. And despite what Curt Schilling says, I think it was good to see Strasburg back. He’s not being rushed; he’s on the regular recovery schedule they had planed out. Jordan Zimmermann was on the same schedule last year.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I agree completely. If something happens with his arm at this point, I blame the arm (i.e. mechanics), not the amount of time he spent off the field. Especially since I watched him last night and he was f@cking ridiculous. The man must pitch so let him.

6. Chris Fiorentino - Sep 7, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Craig, for the two game fours that will end up being necessary(NLCS AND WS) Oswalt will be toeing the rubber while Worley waits in the pen. Oswalt showed last year he is no good out of the pen and Worley is a better option. But when it is for 2 games only at the most, it’s not much of a big deal.

Regarding the AL…since the Verlanders caught the Rangers, the winner of the wild card may have to face Verlander on the ALDS now…making it a more exciting division race? Not that I buy into the whole “they have Verlander so they are going to be tough” theory. Wouldn’t the Phillies be just about impossible to beat under that theory? It’s all a crap shoot anyway.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:04 AM

I will say this. The playoffs may be a crap shoot and it does involve a little luck, but I’ll go into playing the crap tables with Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Oswalt any day. And, don’t forget, when playing poker “4 aces” is a pretty good hand to be dealt.

• Chris Fiorentino - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Thats what cracks me up so much. All you hear is about how tough the Verlanders are going to be because they have Verlander. But people are ignoring the notion that the Phillies have three guys as good as Verlander. When it is the Phillies, it’s a crap shoot. When it’s the Verlanders, it’s a tough out. Bleh.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I forget what local sports show I heard this on recently, but the host said that because the Phillies are so good, that from a national media perspective, the pundits will try everything in their power to downgrade the team and make them seem somehow less significant. Since the Phillies are on the top, the host basically said that they are to be attacked. I tend to agree with him. There is also the jealousy factor.

You’re right. We have 4 Verlanders and a Vanimal. That’s pretty awesome!

• sportsdrenched.com - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM

No, the Phillies have 4 Verlanders and a Vanimal. You are just looking for a reason to have chip on your shoulder.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Ah, sportsdrenched. Looking at your blog, I see you are another Royals fan, You must be buddies with Rany. “I’m looking for a reason to have a chip on my shoulder?” Not really. But, I know if I was a Royals fan, I’d have a chip on my shoulder the size of Kwasimoto.

• Alex K - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I don’t think anyone is trying to downgrade the Phillies. They are the favorites, so there is no need to try and convince everyone that they will be a tough out. Anyone with any sense knows that.

When people are talking about the playoffs being a crap shoot in regards to the Phillies it is because that is the only reason why they would lose a series (to a National League team).

• CJ - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM

cepts…I find it interesting that the guy has a problem with your use of the term “we” but finds nothing wrong with using endearing nicknames for the guys on his team such as “Hos” below. Because I’m sure he came up with that all by himself…

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Yeah, CJ. I find it amusing that sportsdrenched has a problem with me using the term “we” when I talk about the Phillies. Well, without “we”, aka the fans selling out every game, the Phillies don’t have the money to afford the 4 Verlanders that they have. I think, since I support those monetary efforts with the games I go to, I’m entitled to use “we” when I talk about “my” Phillies.

• sportsdrenched.com - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Using Vanimal is acceptable but I get called out for using “Frenchy & Hos”? ok?

You can’t say “we” unless you’re actually on the team and putting in the work. You can say “us fans” or “we Phillies fans” But you can’t say “we” like you play for the Phillies. (or any team)

Sadly, I am not freinds with Rany. but if I was it certainly wouldn’t be something I would be ashamed of.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM

“Using Vanimal is acceptable but I get called out for using “Frenchy & Hos”? ok?”

Vanimal has been Vance Worley’s nickname since his college days. So, yeah, I’d say it’s acceptable. As far as your Frenchy & Hos comment, it didn’t bother me at all. That was another poster. Not me.

• bleedgreen - Sep 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Worley’s glove says Vanimal on it. I’m pretty sure thats his actual nickname.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

A few observations from yesterdays match-ups.

One: Peavy obliterates the Twins in MN, but gets obliterated by them in CHI. Further, the ChiSox have finally dominated the Twins, which goes to show how far the Twins have fallen when they can’t even dominate the one team they’re known for dominating.

Observation two: Strasmas was short-lived, but very much enjoyed. There aren’t a ton of SPs that I watch on TV and can SEE how nasty every pitch of his really is. The two-seamer that cuts in at 95+, the 89 mph change-up/fastbally thing, and then the off-speed nastiness. The guy is just fun to watch.

Three: King Felix has been dominating everyone recently, but sadly for him, this time there’s no catching Verlander, Shields, Weaver, CC, etc for the awards season. That shouldn’t take away from the fact that the King is still the King this year and plays on the team with the shittiest offense of the decade. The M’s should pay him more, straight out of the pockets of all M’s hitters with BAs under .275.

Four: I hate to bring up the Braves right now b/c it is a scary time for us fans. I don’t care about losing to the Phillies right now, or anyone else, we need that pitching back and it is coming down to the wire for Jair and Tommy. There’s likely no reasonable way for them to be 100% by Oct. Talk about shitty timing…That said, I will guarantee a win tonight…Beachy > Oswalt. Watch and learn.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

This isn’t supposed to be a reply to anyone else…stupid non-edit function HBT…grrrr

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM

“That said, I will guarantee a win tonight…Beachy > Oswalt. Watch and learn.”

OK, Mr. Braves fan. Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. Let’s do the same bet we did a few months back. If the Phillies win tonight, you need to write “Go Phillies!!!!!!” in every post you do tomorrow. If the Braves win, I will write “Go Braves!!!!!!” in every post that I write tomorrow. And we need to post as frequently as we normally do.

Are you game?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Yeeesh, I thought about this bet, but it sucked real bad when I lost last time…I’ll commit, if any only if, at least two other Phils Phans join the bet. I need three of you jerks, minimum, to be posting GO BRAVES!! to make this worth it. Bring it on you phanatics!

• Chris Fiorentino - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Pedro, I am interested but unfortunately, you are only looking for “jerks” and I don’t fit the bill.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Fair enough. The bet is off until further notice. Additional responses required.

7. Jonny 5 - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:14 AM

“He’s gotta be the fourth starter in the playoffs, right? I mean, Cholly isn’t going to simply give the ball to Oswalt because he’s got some gray hairs near his temples, right?”

Yeah, Cholly will do that if he can. If Oswalt is healthy, he pitches. Charlie’s a big romantic type see…..

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:23 AM

If healthy, here’s why Oswalt is the 4th starter in the playoffs:

Career 157-91, 3.21 ERA, 2005 NLCS MVP

• pizzi7404 - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I cannot remember who on 97.5 yesterday said this, it was either Mayes or Mikey Miss, but they said Oswalt should start and Worley should be in the pen for the playoffs. There reasoning was that Worley could get warmed up a lot quicker then Oswalt since he is younger and doesn’t have the back issues that Oswalt has. Makes sense to me but figure either way they go they will be in good hands!!!

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Yeah, the consensus is that Worley would be much better out of the pen if needed. I agree with this. Oswalt has been a starter his whole career. You also don’t want a guy with a tricky back problem to be coming out of the pen. But my biggest reason to start Oswalt is simply his pedigree. He is a competitor and is playoff tested. He’s a former NLCS MVP and is a career 5-1 with a 3.39 ERA in 10 post-season starts. That’s good enough for me.

• phillyphreak - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Anyone who agrees with anything Mikey Miss has to say needs a head examination. The only good programs ever on 97.5 is those patches of static that come in when you get out of radio range….

• phillyphreak - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Damnit submitted too soon!

I guess the Phillies can see how the season plays out. If Oswalt is back to almost Oswalt then he should be the fourth starter. If Oswalt’s still shaky and Worley is going strong, give it to him. He’s pitched really well this year.

Most likely, they won’t need a 4th starter in the first round anyway. It’ll be interesting to see what Charlie does…

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Charlie will go with the guy who has the playoff experience. Also if Oswalt can get back his consistency he can be a shutdown guy and go 8 innings. Not that Worley can’t do it, but it’s more likely Oswalt can pitch deeper into a playoff game than Worley.

• kcq101 - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

It’s good problems to have when we’re debating our 4th starter in the coming playoffs.

We still have a good number of opportunities to see if Oswalt is looking and feeling good (and whether Worely continues in his success). When Oswalt first came back, his fastball didn’t have the “pop” that you wanted it to have. He got smacked around. But then he got it back to the ~93ish mph that you wanted to see. It looks like he’s trying to get a better handle on his location, now. But, as far as anyone has heard, Oswalt says his back feels good….no pain.

So if Oswalt shows more promise, improvement, and with seemingly no more pain, I think he has to be the 4th, even if Worley keeps winning. Unless Worley starts mowing down batters, if Oswalt can return to “~form”, I think Worley is much more apt and able to become a successful mid-relief, bullpen guy. If Oswalt seems to be struggling with speed and/or location, you just have a shorter leash, and hope the Vanimal can, again, rise to the occasion, but from the bullpen.

8. Alex K - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I’m sad you never found a picture of Geo Soto and Brandon Phillips hugging it out after Phillips decided not to run Soto over.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

How about that LaHair bomb though? Too bad the Cubs still squandered the game, but still.

• Alex K - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I actually missed the HR. Then I stopped watching after the 12th. Man this is a depressing season.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Sep 7, 2011 at 1:14 PM

It really does suck and I only root for them b/c they’re in Chicago, not b/c they’re my #1 team. I love Wrigley more than any other sports venue. It’s just the best. I have only been to two games (and three on the South Side) and both were losses. The fans are not filling the seats, the fans don’t care (more than ever and why should they?), and I’m not optimistic about the next 2-3 seasons. It’s just a big baseball bummer on the North Side. Not that the South Side gets let off the hook either. Between Dunn and Rios, they have the two biggest chumps in the MLB.

• Alex K - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I’ve only made it to three games at Wrigley this year. They actually won two of them! One was the Cardinals game that had the rain delay and then the Cubs opened it up to like 11-2 right after they resumed play, and the other was Geo’s walk-off against the Giants. So I can’t really complain about the games I have been to. But, man, they just aren’t a lot of fun to watch this year.

I would love to have gone to more games this year, but there are certain things that you can’t do when you have a 9 month old.

9. kiwicricket - Sep 7, 2011 at 8:58 AM

The Jays were AWFUL yesterday. They looked border-line sedated.

• cur68 - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:36 AM

They were awful 2 games in a row Kiwi. In 2 games with the Sox they’ve scored 1 run to the Sox 14. The only reason they are even at a game apiece in this series is the lights-out pitching of Alvaez on Monday and the bomb by Forty Licks Lawrie in extras. No plate discipline, ‘hit a homer’ mentality, no speed on the bases combined with illness, injury, errant and luck-less fielding all coalesced to that drubbing last night. As usual the limp-armed starting pitching and bullpen was just a feast for the Sox.

The one bright sport was the return of Dustin McGowan from 3 years of re-hab for shoulder surgery. He looked good against the Wild Card contending Sox. Lots of velocity and movement. Good composure after giving up a homerun and came back to get out of the inning. As a starter, with some run support and an average bullpen, the kid has a shot at winning some games. He’s also gone back to rocking the mutton chop side burns. It remains to be seen if he can cover the ‘burns in glory, but it sure looks promising.

10. sportsdrenched.com - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Glad to see the Royals bust out the woopin stick on Gio Gonzales. He’s dominated them in his two previous starts. Frenchy and Hos hitting back to back dingers.

This new line-up has been in place three weeks and they’re hitting the ball really well. Suprised to see Duffy make it into the 7th. Still needs to work on his pitch efficency.
    Now, only if the rest of the staff could pitch decently.

• Tyree Studio - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Frenchy the “blogosphere and stat-geek whipping-boy” has put up a very solid season this year.

• CJ - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM

“French and Hos”

Sounds like one of the replies to this should have “Post of the Day” in the bag.

• yankeesfanlen - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I think it’s the back-up cast for the remake of “Bonanza”.

• sportsdrenched.com - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of a bad cop show that thinks it’s a comedy.

• CJ - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM

“Frenchy and Hos”

• CJ - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM

EDIT FUNCTION!

11. yankeesfanlen - Sep 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM

The Universe has clobbered its 200th HR, albeit a soggy and contested one. Phil Hughes was very good even without a mythical “win” which, given the time of year, was naturally vultured. (that’s a verb, right?)
    Today I guess we’ll find out if AJ is a mudder.

12. Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I might take in a Feather Lice game this weekend, seeing how I’ll be in Toronto for a few days and the Beanbags are in town. Got a CD release party at the Dakota tomorrow night so that’s out. Saturday is a good bet. I want to accommodate myself to the idea of a roof before the world premiere of Macondo Feesh at the eerie Banana Massacre Field in April – without subjecting myself to the Tropicana Dump again.

13. Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Oh yeah, and incidentally – funny that, as we behold the rising carbuncle of Macondo Banana Massacre field against our skyline, with its shady history of backroom political deals and flat-out misrepresentation of finances by Scrooge McLoria and his army of carpetbaggers, that you should be singing “Shakedown Street,” of all the Dead songs to pick….

• nolanwiffle - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Built to last?

• Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 1:36 PM

That’d work anyplace but the capitol of magicorealismo. See, for example, “Miami Arena.”

How about “Loser”?

14. uyf1950 - Sep 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Well the Yankees win last night wasn’t pretty. Wait that’s what I said about Monday’s game. So what, it really wasn’t pretty but this time for a different reason, the weather. But just like after Monday’s game a win is a win and that’s all that matters. The Yankees record now stands at 87-53. Still undefeated in September and riding a 6 game winning streak. Which I’m sure will be tested today (Wednesday) with AJ on the mound for the Yankees.

15. goawaydog - Sep 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM

The Giants were fun to watch again last night…pitching hitting and defense two days in a row now. Wait, was that a pig flying by my window?

• Old Gator - Sep 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM

No, just Sarah Palin on her broomstick….

• bleedgreen - Sep 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Its just too bad they turned it on too late and its essentially for naught.

• goawaydog - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Its naught too late, The G-men have won 2 in a row, the D-Backs are crumbling (they did lose last night right?) and … wait … was that Sarah Palin on a pig flying by my window?

16. macjacmccoy - Sep 8, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Cholly already said hes gonna pitch Oswalt in the rotation during the playoffs.

Pitching duel highlights Game 1 of WS