Sep 7, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
According to the New York Post the agents for Phillies rookie outfielder John Mayberry Jr. have been trying to get him a date with Antoinette Nikprelaj, an actress and model who played a mermaid in “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
Here’s the e-mail that Mayberry’s representatives at CAA apparently sent out to Nikprelaj’s agent on his behalf:
I imagine you’re familiar with CAA and some of our clients, as we work with Ryan Howard, Roy Halladay, Buster Posey and Andre Ethier among others. I hate to even be sending you this e-mail, and I’m quite embarrassed to say the least, but we have a young client on the Philadelphia Phillies who asked us if we knew any agents at Innovative Artists and could connect him to Antoinette Nikprelaj.
I know you’re not a dating or set-up service, but John Mayberry Jr. would love to meet Antoinette or invite her to a baseball game sometime. Would this be possible? Here’s a bio of John to give you some more info on him (he’s a great guy, down-to-earth, humble, Stanford-educated, etc.) Thanks for considering this as you know how this business is and servicing clients.
I need an agent.
UPDATE: Turns out Nikprelaj is married and has a daughter, so the degree of difficulty on Mayberry’s hookup has risen considerably.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)