Sep 7, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
– Two sources told Nightengale that the Cards’ offer to Pujols last winter was for $195 million over nine years, not the $220 million-$230 million originally reported. That seems awfully low for baseball’s best player.
– Pujols’ agent, Dan Lozano, and Cards GM John Mozeliak have spoken just twice since the two sides agreed to shelve talks in spring training.
Also, there’s this quote from Tony La Russa:
Look, we’ve got a great organization. You got a great player. Albert wants to stay. They want him to stay. If there’s any way to work it, they’ll work it.
But the reality is that this is a different climate than it used to be. I don’t know if they can work out a deal or not.
The whole article is worth reading, so check it out.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)