Sep 7, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
– Two sources told Nightengale that the Cards’ offer to Pujols last winter was for $195 million over nine years, not the $220 million-$230 million originally reported. That seems awfully low for baseball’s best player.
– Pujols’ agent, Dan Lozano, and Cards GM John Mozeliak have spoken just twice since the two sides agreed to shelve talks in spring training.
Also, there’s this quote from Tony La Russa:
Look, we’ve got a great organization. You got a great player. Albert wants to stay. They want him to stay. If there’s any way to work it, they’ll work it.
But the reality is that this is a different climate than it used to be. I don’t know if they can work out a deal or not.
The whole article is worth reading, so check it out.
- Report: Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 0
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 8
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)