Sep 7, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
While doing a radio interview on WEEI this afternoon Terry Francona was asked about Drew’s return timetable and replied:
We don’t know. He tried to throw yesterday and that didn’t go real well. And he hasn’t attempted to swing yet, so he’s probably not on the horizon. And we haven’t had him for a while now.
July 19, to be exact. Josh Reddick has been in a prolonged slump, potentially opening the door for Drew to reclaim regular playing time in right field, but the injury setback combined with Reddick collecting seven hits in his last three games now makes that unlikely.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 1
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 4
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)