Sep 7, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
While doing a radio interview on WEEI this afternoon Terry Francona was asked about Drew’s return timetable and replied:
We don’t know. He tried to throw yesterday and that didn’t go real well. And he hasn’t attempted to swing yet, so he’s probably not on the horizon. And we haven’t had him for a while now.
July 19, to be exact. Josh Reddick has been in a prolonged slump, potentially opening the door for Drew to reclaim regular playing time in right field, but the injury setback combined with Reddick collecting seven hits in his last three games now makes that unlikely.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)