Sep 7, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
While doing a radio interview on WEEI this afternoon Terry Francona was asked about Drew’s return timetable and replied:
We don’t know. He tried to throw yesterday and that didn’t go real well. And he hasn’t attempted to swing yet, so he’s probably not on the horizon. And we haven’t had him for a while now.
July 19, to be exact. Josh Reddick has been in a prolonged slump, potentially opening the door for Drew to reclaim regular playing time in right field, but the injury setback combined with Reddick collecting seven hits in his last three games now makes that unlikely.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)