Tweet of the Day: Hunter Pence pimps out John Mayberry Jr.

Sep 7, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT

Hunter Pence apparently read today’s New York Post story about John Mayberry Jr.’s agents trying to get him a date with model/actress Antoinette Nikprelaj. That probably isn’t going to work out because she’s married with a kid and the e-mail Mayberry’s agents sent out was cringe-inducing, so Pence is trying to help him move on:

source:

1. Francisco (FC) - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Oh man the follow up is too cool not to post:

• cur68 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Looks like Mr. Overrated comes through again, eh?

• Francisco (FC) - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I guess we should add one more RBI to Pence’s total. I mean the actual person trying to score is Mayberry right?

• CJ - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM

See, these are the types of intangibles that can’t be overvalued on a team. This is exactly why the Phillies ponied up to get him in here…or something.

2. Jonny 5 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM

LMAO!!!

In more Somber “Philly” news…. Ex Flyer Brad McCrimmon has died along with his entire Russian hockey team “locomotiv” he was coaching. This is that thing that always pops into my head once in awhile because entire teams are put on a single flight. All for one, one for all I guess…… very sad.

• cur68 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Oh Jeez. In all maybe 40 dead. Lone survivor badly burned. It’s been a horrible summer for hockey players. McCrimmon was a hell of a player; I’ve sen him play and one or 2 of the others. This is just terrible for all of their families. Some of them were young kids, just starting out as pro athletes, too. What a horrible thing.

• ThatGuy - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:21 PM

The survivor died at the hospital after surgery.

• cur68 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I just gets worse and worse…

• Jonny 5 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Our new Russian Goalie is pretty upset about it, naturally he probably knew/ worked with some of these guys. He’s already getting nick names in Philly “CheeseBryz” is a good one.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Jonny,

Mark Howe was on WIP about an hour ago. It’s probably podcasted or will be soon. He talks about his fond memories of McCrimmon and how they were a duo on the defensive end of the puck. It was a good interview and worth the listen. Very sad news.

• Jonny 5 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I’ll keep a look out for it HB, thanks.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM

No problem, Jonny. I know this isn’t a hockey site, but just wanted to say this week has been a bad week for the Flyers. Holmgren’s bad bicycle fall and now this. Takes a little wind out of what is going to be a great season for the Flyers, in my opinion. May there be no more bad news.

• Bryz - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:43 PM

He’s already getting nick names in Philly “CheeseBryz” is a good one.

My name, no joke, is Andrew Bryz-Gornia. Leave me alone!

• Bryz - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Heh, completely forgot I post as “Bryz” and not “Andrew.” Sorry for the extraneous information. Oops.

Edit function!

• The Baseball Gods - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Way to bring down a really funny post. Probably not the place to put this info. ProHockeyTalk might have been the better place. Still wishing all the best to the friends and families of those who died in the crash. Very sad news.

• Jonny 5 - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Oh wells……. I am shamed…

3. The Baseball Gods - Sep 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Anyone ever read The 701 Level? Funny as hell:

4. The Common Man - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Apparently there are no attractive women left in Philadelphia for John Mayberry Jr. I can’t say I’m surprised.

• halladaysbiceps - Sep 7, 2011 at 4:15 PM

And you get on me for the content of my comments. I would say that can be construed as a distasteful comment. Normally I would not respond to this type of comment from any other poster, but, coming from the comment cop, I thought it would be appropriate.

• The Common Man - Sep 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I never claimed to be an angel. Nor a comment cop, but I call BS where I sees it, ‘cepts. So, yeah, I don’t think I need to apologize for that. Especially since my wife is from Philly, and I’m clearly taking the piss.

5. em26jamie - Sep 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Maybe Ryan Howard can hook him up with an Eagles Cheerleader.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3615)