Sep 8, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Belt was apparently convinced it would be a good thing following a conversation with manager Bruce Bochy, saying: “After talking with him, I really think it’s going to make me a better player.”
It’ll also give Belt a chance for some regular playing time after the Giants have repeatedly refused to make the 23-year-old top prospect an everyday player.
He’s hit just .217 with a .714 OPS in 29 games since returning to the majors in mid-July and with Aubrey Huff under contract for $10 million next season (and $10 million or a $2 million buyout for 2013) Belt may want to work on his outfield defense as much as his hitting.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million