Sep 8, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Belt was apparently convinced it would be a good thing following a conversation with manager Bruce Bochy, saying: “After talking with him, I really think it’s going to make me a better player.”
It’ll also give Belt a chance for some regular playing time after the Giants have repeatedly refused to make the 23-year-old top prospect an everyday player.
He’s hit just .217 with a .714 OPS in 29 games since returning to the majors in mid-July and with Aubrey Huff under contract for $10 million next season (and $10 million or a $2 million buyout for 2013) Belt may want to work on his outfield defense as much as his hitting.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11