Sep 8, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s back. Well, kind of.
Weeks has not been cleared to return to starting duties, however, and is not expected to rejoin the Brewers’ regular batting order until the middle of next week. He’s missed the past month-plus with a severely sprained left ankle and is still working on stop-and-start and lateral movements. Look for the All-Star second baseman to serve primarily as a pinch-hitter throughout this weekend’s series with Philly.
Weeks, 28, has posted a .272/.346/.478 slash line with 19 homers and 43 RBI in 104 games this season.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)