Sep 8, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s back. Well, kind of.
Weeks has not been cleared to return to starting duties, however, and is not expected to rejoin the Brewers’ regular batting order until the middle of next week. He’s missed the past month-plus with a severely sprained left ankle and is still working on stop-and-start and lateral movements. Look for the All-Star second baseman to serve primarily as a pinch-hitter throughout this weekend’s series with Philly.
Weeks, 28, has posted a .272/.346/.478 slash line with 19 homers and 43 RBI in 104 games this season.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)