Sep 8, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s back. Well, kind of.
Weeks has not been cleared to return to starting duties, however, and is not expected to rejoin the Brewers’ regular batting order until the middle of next week. He’s missed the past month-plus with a severely sprained left ankle and is still working on stop-and-start and lateral movements. Look for the All-Star second baseman to serve primarily as a pinch-hitter throughout this weekend’s series with Philly.
Weeks, 28, has posted a .272/.346/.478 slash line with 19 homers and 43 RBI in 104 games this season.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)