Sep 8, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s back. Well, kind of.
Weeks has not been cleared to return to starting duties, however, and is not expected to rejoin the Brewers’ regular batting order until the middle of next week. He’s missed the past month-plus with a severely sprained left ankle and is still working on stop-and-start and lateral movements. Look for the All-Star second baseman to serve primarily as a pinch-hitter throughout this weekend’s series with Philly.
Weeks, 28, has posted a .272/.346/.478 slash line with 19 homers and 43 RBI in 104 games this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)