Sep 8, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
He’s back. Well, kind of.
Weeks has not been cleared to return to starting duties, however, and is not expected to rejoin the Brewers’ regular batting order until the middle of next week. He’s missed the past month-plus with a severely sprained left ankle and is still working on stop-and-start and lateral movements. Look for the All-Star second baseman to serve primarily as a pinch-hitter throughout this weekend’s series with Philly.
Weeks, 28, has posted a .272/.346/.478 slash line with 19 homers and 43 RBI in 104 games this season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)