Sep 8, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Another sad turn in the life of Carl Everett.
According to Kevin Boie of KDFW in Dallas, with a hat tip to Deadspin, the former big league outfielder was arrested in Colleyville, Texas earlier this month after an emergency 911 call was made at 5:30 a.m. from his 5,800 square-foot family home.
Not many details have yet been made available, but Everett was accused of assaulting and injuring an unidentified family member, and was eventually taken into police custody. The 40-year-old has six children and has been married to his current wife for close to 20 years.
Everett was arrested earlier this year for pointing a gun at his wife’s head during an argument and was accused in 1997 of “excessively” slapping one of his daughters. He retired from the game of baseball in 2010 after spending a handful of seasons with the independent Long Island Ducks and Newark Bears.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86