Sep 8, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Another sad turn in the life of Carl Everett.
According to Kevin Boie of KDFW in Dallas, with a hat tip to Deadspin, the former big league outfielder was arrested in Colleyville, Texas earlier this month after an emergency 911 call was made at 5:30 a.m. from his 5,800 square-foot family home.
Not many details have yet been made available, but Everett was accused of assaulting and injuring an unidentified family member, and was eventually taken into police custody. The 40-year-old has six children and has been married to his current wife for close to 20 years.
Everett was arrested earlier this year for pointing a gun at his wife’s head during an argument and was accused in 1997 of “excessively” slapping one of his daughters. He retired from the game of baseball in 2010 after spending a handful of seasons with the independent Long Island Ducks and Newark Bears.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)