Sep 8, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Another sad turn in the life of Carl Everett.
According to Kevin Boie of KDFW in Dallas, with a hat tip to Deadspin, the former big league outfielder was arrested in Colleyville, Texas earlier this month after an emergency 911 call was made at 5:30 a.m. from his 5,800 square-foot family home.
Not many details have yet been made available, but Everett was accused of assaulting and injuring an unidentified family member, and was eventually taken into police custody. The 40-year-old has six children and has been married to his current wife for close to 20 years.
Everett was arrested earlier this year for pointing a gun at his wife’s head during an argument and was accused in 1997 of “excessively” slapping one of his daughters. He retired from the game of baseball in 2010 after spending a handful of seasons with the independent Long Island Ducks and Newark Bears.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)