Sep 8, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Another sad turn in the life of Carl Everett.
According to Kevin Boie of KDFW in Dallas, with a hat tip to Deadspin, the former big league outfielder was arrested in Colleyville, Texas earlier this month after an emergency 911 call was made at 5:30 a.m. from his 5,800 square-foot family home.
Not many details have yet been made available, but Everett was accused of assaulting and injuring an unidentified family member, and was eventually taken into police custody. The 40-year-old has six children and has been married to his current wife for close to 20 years.
Everett was arrested earlier this year for pointing a gun at his wife’s head during an argument and was accused in 1997 of “excessively” slapping one of his daughters. He retired from the game of baseball in 2010 after spending a handful of seasons with the independent Long Island Ducks and Newark Bears.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17