Sep 8, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Another sad turn in the life of Carl Everett.
According to Kevin Boie of KDFW in Dallas, with a hat tip to Deadspin, the former big league outfielder was arrested in Colleyville, Texas earlier this month after an emergency 911 call was made at 5:30 a.m. from his 5,800 square-foot family home.
Not many details have yet been made available, but Everett was accused of assaulting and injuring an unidentified family member, and was eventually taken into police custody. The 40-year-old has six children and has been married to his current wife for close to 20 years.
Everett was arrested earlier this year for pointing a gun at his wife’s head during an argument and was accused in 1997 of “excessively” slapping one of his daughters. He retired from the game of baseball in 2010 after spending a handful of seasons with the independent Long Island Ducks and Newark Bears.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)