Sep 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
At least for now. He’s bring moved aside in favor of lefty Jeff Locke.
I realize that this of little interest to non-Pirates fans and non-fantasy players (uber deep league fantasy players if guys like Morton and Locke are implicated), but a story like this interest me because they shows us just how damn long the baseball season is.
Remember back in April how Charlie Morton was doing so well? How he had turned it all around because he re-did his delivery to ape Roy Halladay? And it worked for a while too. Yet here we are now in September and Morton’s stuggles are being attributed to his delivery being weird to him and his body suffering as a result.
Better to have a little success for a while than none at all, and it’s possible, of course, that Morton will figure it out again. But man, there is just nowhere to hide in a 162-game season. Over time, the truth, often the painful truth, comes out.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights