Sep 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
At least for now. He’s bring moved aside in favor of lefty Jeff Locke.
I realize that this of little interest to non-Pirates fans and non-fantasy players (uber deep league fantasy players if guys like Morton and Locke are implicated), but a story like this interest me because they shows us just how damn long the baseball season is.
Remember back in April how Charlie Morton was doing so well? How he had turned it all around because he re-did his delivery to ape Roy Halladay? And it worked for a while too. Yet here we are now in September and Morton’s stuggles are being attributed to his delivery being weird to him and his body suffering as a result.
Better to have a little success for a while than none at all, and it’s possible, of course, that Morton will figure it out again. But man, there is just nowhere to hide in a 162-game season. Over time, the truth, often the painful truth, comes out.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)