Sep 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
At least for now. He’s bring moved aside in favor of lefty Jeff Locke.
I realize that this of little interest to non-Pirates fans and non-fantasy players (uber deep league fantasy players if guys like Morton and Locke are implicated), but a story like this interest me because they shows us just how damn long the baseball season is.
Remember back in April how Charlie Morton was doing so well? How he had turned it all around because he re-did his delivery to ape Roy Halladay? And it worked for a while too. Yet here we are now in September and Morton’s stuggles are being attributed to his delivery being weird to him and his body suffering as a result.
Better to have a little success for a while than none at all, and it’s possible, of course, that Morton will figure it out again. But man, there is just nowhere to hide in a 162-game season. Over time, the truth, often the painful truth, comes out.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (328)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)