Sep 8, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
At least for now. He’s bring moved aside in favor of lefty Jeff Locke.
I realize that this of little interest to non-Pirates fans and non-fantasy players (uber deep league fantasy players if guys like Morton and Locke are implicated), but a story like this interest me because they shows us just how damn long the baseball season is.
Remember back in April how Charlie Morton was doing so well? How he had turned it all around because he re-did his delivery to ape Roy Halladay? And it worked for a while too. Yet here we are now in September and Morton’s stuggles are being attributed to his delivery being weird to him and his body suffering as a result.
Better to have a little success for a while than none at all, and it’s possible, of course, that Morton will figure it out again. But man, there is just nowhere to hide in a 162-game season. Over time, the truth, often the painful truth, comes out.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47