Sep 8, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Ike Davis hasn’t played since May and was ruled out for the season long ago, but the good news is that it sounds like he won’t need ankle surgery.
Davis said last week that he was confident enough in his rehab progress to avoid surgery and today doctors who examined his bone bruise agreed, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
His recovery obviously still has a long way to go after missing all but 36 games, but at least Davis should head into what are now crucial offseason workouts at something resembling full strength.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 123
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)