Sep 8, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Ike Davis hasn’t played since May and was ruled out for the season long ago, but the good news is that it sounds like he won’t need ankle surgery.
Davis said last week that he was confident enough in his rehab progress to avoid surgery and today doctors who examined his bone bruise agreed, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
His recovery obviously still has a long way to go after missing all but 36 games, but at least Davis should head into what are now crucial offseason workouts at something resembling full strength.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)