Sep 8, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Ike Davis hasn’t played since May and was ruled out for the season long ago, but the good news is that it sounds like he won’t need ankle surgery.
Davis said last week that he was confident enough in his rehab progress to avoid surgery and today doctors who examined his bone bruise agreed, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
His recovery obviously still has a long way to go after missing all but 36 games, but at least Davis should head into what are now crucial offseason workouts at something resembling full strength.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 39
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 44
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)