Sep 8, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Bryce Harper hasn’t played since August 18 because of a hamstring injury and the Nationals announced today that he’s been ruled out for the Double-A playoffs.
Harper got off to a very slow start following his midseason promotion to Harrisburg, but was hitting .286 with an .879 OPS in 14 August games before the injury. And even his final line of .256 with a .724 OPS in 37 games is damn good for an 18-year-old, especially considering he earned the promotion by crushing low Single-A pitching.
Harper naturally shared his thoughts on missing the playoffs via Twitter:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)