Sep 8, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Yesterday, in the wake of the Marlins shuffling around their front office, I observed that part of the Marlins success over the years has been that, despite the financial constraints and despite the fact that their owner is basically a disaster area, the Marlins have always let good baseball people make good baseball decisions and bully for them if they continue to do that.
Then Buster Olney tweeted the following this morning:
There is a sense in FLA front office that Jeffrey Loria and David Samson will be taking a greater role in making player personnel decisions.
On behalf of all fans of National League East teams that are not the Florida Marlins, I would like to applaud this most welcome development.
I will now leave the rest of the comments on this news to Old Gator. Who, assuming he didn’t die of a coronary on the spot after reading that, probably has an opinion or two on the matter.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)