Sep 8, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Yesterday, in the wake of the Marlins shuffling around their front office, I observed that part of the Marlins success over the years has been that, despite the financial constraints and despite the fact that their owner is basically a disaster area, the Marlins have always let good baseball people make good baseball decisions and bully for them if they continue to do that.
Then Buster Olney tweeted the following this morning:
There is a sense in FLA front office that Jeffrey Loria and David Samson will be taking a greater role in making player personnel decisions.
On behalf of all fans of National League East teams that are not the Florida Marlins, I would like to applaud this most welcome development.
I will now leave the rest of the comments on this news to Old Gator. Who, assuming he didn’t die of a coronary on the spot after reading that, probably has an opinion or two on the matter.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)