Sep 8, 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Yesterday, in the wake of the Marlins shuffling around their front office, I observed that part of the Marlins success over the years has been that, despite the financial constraints and despite the fact that their owner is basically a disaster area, the Marlins have always let good baseball people make good baseball decisions and bully for them if they continue to do that.
Then Buster Olney tweeted the following this morning:
There is a sense in FLA front office that Jeffrey Loria and David Samson will be taking a greater role in making player personnel decisions.
On behalf of all fans of National League East teams that are not the Florida Marlins, I would like to applaud this most welcome development.
I will now leave the rest of the comments on this news to Old Gator. Who, assuming he didn’t die of a coronary on the spot after reading that, probably has an opinion or two on the matter.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)