Sep 8, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Did you know that there was a chance that Old Style Beer — a fixture for over 60 years — would not be sold in Wrigley Field after this year? Seems that the brewer and the Cubs have ironed out their differences, however, and have extended their pouring rights agreement through 2013.
Sorry Cubs fans. Make do the best you can.
Don’t look at me like that. Just because something is a tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. Sickest I’ve ever been at a ballpark was after drinking Old Style while watching a game there back in 2000. And it wasn’t because of the quantity. Stuff just sits like a brick on my stomach. And that was back when I had a 27-year-old stomach that could handle just about anything.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)