Sep 8, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Did you know that there was a chance that Old Style Beer — a fixture for over 60 years — would not be sold in Wrigley Field after this year? Seems that the brewer and the Cubs have ironed out their differences, however, and have extended their pouring rights agreement through 2013.
Sorry Cubs fans. Make do the best you can.
Don’t look at me like that. Just because something is a tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. Sickest I’ve ever been at a ballpark was after drinking Old Style while watching a game there back in 2000. And it wasn’t because of the quantity. Stuff just sits like a brick on my stomach. And that was back when I had a 27-year-old stomach that could handle just about anything.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)