Sep 8, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Did you know that there was a chance that Old Style Beer — a fixture for over 60 years — would not be sold in Wrigley Field after this year? Seems that the brewer and the Cubs have ironed out their differences, however, and have extended their pouring rights agreement through 2013.
Sorry Cubs fans. Make do the best you can.
Don’t look at me like that. Just because something is a tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. Sickest I’ve ever been at a ballpark was after drinking Old Style while watching a game there back in 2000. And it wasn’t because of the quantity. Stuff just sits like a brick on my stomach. And that was back when I had a 27-year-old stomach that could handle just about anything.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (187)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)