Sep 8, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
Did you know that there was a chance that Old Style Beer — a fixture for over 60 years — would not be sold in Wrigley Field after this year? Seems that the brewer and the Cubs have ironed out their differences, however, and have extended their pouring rights agreement through 2013.
Sorry Cubs fans. Make do the best you can.
Don’t look at me like that. Just because something is a tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. Sickest I’ve ever been at a ballpark was after drinking Old Style while watching a game there back in 2000. And it wasn’t because of the quantity. Stuff just sits like a brick on my stomach. And that was back when I had a 27-year-old stomach that could handle just about anything.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 52
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)