Sep 8, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
Did you know that there was a chance that Old Style Beer — a fixture for over 60 years — would not be sold in Wrigley Field after this year? Seems that the brewer and the Cubs have ironed out their differences, however, and have extended their pouring rights agreement through 2013.
Sorry Cubs fans. Make do the best you can.
Don’t look at me like that. Just because something is a tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. Sickest I’ve ever been at a ballpark was after drinking Old Style while watching a game there back in 2000. And it wasn’t because of the quantity. Stuff just sits like a brick on my stomach. And that was back when I had a 27-year-old stomach that could handle just about anything.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)