Sep 8, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Rollins hasn’t played since August 22 because of a groin injury and wasn’t quite ready to return from the DL when eligible earlier this week, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that they pushed up his timetable due to Utley’s status.
Wilson Valdez and Michael Martinez, who had been filling in for Rollins at shortstop, will now slide over to second base for however long Utley is out. Utley and Rollins have been in the same lineup together just 67 times in 139 games.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)