Sep 8, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Rollins hasn’t played since August 22 because of a groin injury and wasn’t quite ready to return from the DL when eligible earlier this week, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that they pushed up his timetable due to Utley’s status.
Wilson Valdez and Michael Martinez, who had been filling in for Rollins at shortstop, will now slide over to second base for however long Utley is out. Utley and Rollins have been in the same lineup together just 67 times in 139 games.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)