Sep 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
In an earlier post I jokingly said that today’s makeup game between the Orioles and the Yankees would probably have rain, thereby extending those teams’ sogginess streak to approximately 800. I probably should have checked the forecast, however, because, wouldn’t you know it, rain is expected today in Baltimore.
There’s a slight chance of rain at the time of first pitch, but it increases steadily throughout the afternoon with thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon.
The Yankees have one more day off and that’s a travel day for a west coast trip, so you know this game is going down. And I bet it’s played very, very quickly by all involved.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)