Sep 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
In an earlier post I jokingly said that today’s makeup game between the Orioles and the Yankees would probably have rain, thereby extending those teams’ sogginess streak to approximately 800. I probably should have checked the forecast, however, because, wouldn’t you know it, rain is expected today in Baltimore.
There’s a slight chance of rain at the time of first pitch, but it increases steadily throughout the afternoon with thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon.
The Yankees have one more day off and that’s a travel day for a west coast trip, so you know this game is going down. And I bet it’s played very, very quickly by all involved.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 30
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 83
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)