Sep 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
In an earlier post I jokingly said that today’s makeup game between the Orioles and the Yankees would probably have rain, thereby extending those teams’ sogginess streak to approximately 800. I probably should have checked the forecast, however, because, wouldn’t you know it, rain is expected today in Baltimore.
There’s a slight chance of rain at the time of first pitch, but it increases steadily throughout the afternoon with thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon.
The Yankees have one more day off and that’s a travel day for a west coast trip, so you know this game is going down. And I bet it’s played very, very quickly by all involved.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation