Sep 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
In an earlier post I jokingly said that today’s makeup game between the Orioles and the Yankees would probably have rain, thereby extending those teams’ sogginess streak to approximately 800. I probably should have checked the forecast, however, because, wouldn’t you know it, rain is expected today in Baltimore.
There’s a slight chance of rain at the time of first pitch, but it increases steadily throughout the afternoon with thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon.
The Yankees have one more day off and that’s a travel day for a west coast trip, so you know this game is going down. And I bet it’s played very, very quickly by all involved.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 14
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (206)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)