Sep 8, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
In an earlier post I jokingly said that today’s makeup game between the Orioles and the Yankees would probably have rain, thereby extending those teams’ sogginess streak to approximately 800. I probably should have checked the forecast, however, because, wouldn’t you know it, rain is expected today in Baltimore.
There’s a slight chance of rain at the time of first pitch, but it increases steadily throughout the afternoon with thunderstorms forecast for late afternoon.
The Yankees have one more day off and that’s a travel day for a west coast trip, so you know this game is going down. And I bet it’s played very, very quickly by all involved.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)