Sep 8, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Following up on Joe Morgan doing the chicken dance, we have Tony La Russa playing maracas for Carlos Santana. The guitar player, not the catcher. Dave Brown has the story — and a photo of La Russa shakin’ ’em — over at Big League Stew.
No word on whether or not La Russa protested Santana’s playlist after the concert. “It wasn’t fair to anyone there that he didn’t play ‘Song of the Wind,'” La Russa said in my imaginary protest.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)